Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My living room

My living room is the first room people see when they enter my home.  I wish I had fabulous flooring to go with the first impression but that is a project that is WAY down on the list of things to get done.  Recently I repainted the living room, de-cluttered and am still working on the final touches.



The stripes are painted with Sherwin Williams colors Antique White, Kilim Beige and Nomadic Desert.  I wanted neutral but not boring.  The stripes keep it interesting but don't dominate the room.

I struggled with the artwork over the couch.  You can see the progression here. I finally found a couple prints that are supposed to be hung vertically but I hung them horizontally and flipped one upside down!



In a small house it's easy to over accessorize and make it feel cluttered.  I prefer to focus on a few large accessories and add just a few smaller ones here and there.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment