Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

one canvas so many possibilities

Ok, so it's not really a canvas...it's a large piece of drywall.  I'm such a cheapskate that I wander the house looking for something I can be creative with instead of heading to Michael's to buy the item that would most logically fit my project.  I also don't really consider myself to be much of an artist so I don't think what I do warrants a real canvas!

My first attempt at making wall art for the living room was too dark and heavy  for me.  

My second attempt (after the room redo) was too light compared to the other pieces in the room.  As you can see, there is a large mirror in the room with a very thick frame.  The artwork was nice but better suited for a more whimsical space.


My third attempt may not be my last but I'll probably live with it for a while. (I need to hurry up and get those pillow covers sewn!  I love how they brighten the room.)

The wonderful thing about creating your own artwork is that you can try and try again!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment