Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

living room update!

As you know, I have been searching for the right artwork over my couch.  I was trying to be cheap and create my own artwork but since I'm not an artist I was not accomplishing my vision.  You may remember, the room look like this

 Not bad but the circle artwork just felt too bright to me and the size was almost exactly the same size as a bamboo mirror I have hanging up on the next wall.  I wasn't in a rush to find something but it was definitely in the back of my mind.  Then, a couple weeks ago I was out shopping for something to wear to my sister's wedding when I happened upon a couple art prints.  They are supposed to be hung vertically but I immediately saw that they would be fabulous hung horizontally over my couch.  Here we are now!

I hung them right next to each other like one big art piece and flipped one upside down to vary up the pattern.  I found pillows at Kohl's that are pretty much the same color as the middle paint stripe and they have circles in varying sizes.  Not quite sure if I'm going to keep them so the tags are still on until I make up my mind.  Love my artwork, though!

Here it is as it stands now. Put the Kohl's pillows on the basement couch. I like to switch things around pretty often! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment