Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Bye bye dungeon

My current project is the basement of a 100 year old house.  The rest of the house looks amazing but the basement looks 100 years old and needs some help!  We are almost done with painting and then this weekend I'll load all the furniture and decorations.

Here are some Before pictures


Any light was absorbed by the black ceiling and black floors.


The basement had become storage for odds and ends that weren't needed in other parts of the house.

Typical teenage boy bed!  


A bathroom was eked out of a small corner in the basement and we are going to do what we can to improve it and provide more storage.  Unfortunately, I can't move duct-work or pipes!   

This has been an intimidating project and I admit my stress level has been pretty high this week but by taking it piece by piece I've broken it down into a manageable project.  This re-do has also included a lot of research on historic masonry and we are going to use a product on the stone that I've never used before.  It's called lime paints and the company is Virginia LimeWorks.  Check them out, there are some amazing products for historic restoration AND new builds!

Stay tuned for the After photos!

0 comments:

Post a Comment