Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

murals

A mural is such a fun addition to a kid's bedroom.  I just love them!  The tricky thing is picking something that they won't outgrow quickly.
The mural is this room was so so so precious but not very appealing to a 4 yr old little boy who wanted a "big boy" room.  He absolutely loves Thomas and all things train related but do we want Thomas up on the wall for years?  Big fat NO!  Goodbye bunnies and hello retro rails!


This train almost takes up the entire wall of the bedroom!  It is cool and sleek without playing too much into the temporary Thomas phase.  We found this image on-line then used a projector to get the image onto the wall.  Lots of tracing followed by meticulous painting and we have a great finished product!



Here is a mural that I had a professional artist do in a playroom.  I designed the mural but had to commission someone who is far more talented at painting than I am!

Devon (Simply Artistic) did a great job making a mural of just silhouettes come to life.

Like I said, I love murals and the creativity they bring to a room!

0 comments:

Post a Comment